- On-Duty EMS Lieutenant Killed in Random Stabbing Attack Outside Queens Stationhouse September 29, 2022An on-duty EMS lieutenant was killed in an apparent random and unprovoked stabbing attack outside the Queens stationhouse where she worked, officials said. According to police, Alison Russo-Elling was outside EMS station 49 in Astoria around 2:15 p.m. Thursday. She was on her way to pick up food when the attacker came up from behind […]Jonathan Dienst, Tom Winter and Tom Shea
- New Katz's Deli Sandwich Is Named for NYC Subway — What Would You Put on It? September 29, 2022It can’t be all that often that New York City’s iconic Katz’s Deli introduces a brand new sandwich, and yet it has — and the inspiration for one that debuted Thursday may generate some mixed emotions. Why? It’s named after NYC subways and will be around for a limited time to celebrate the system’s 118th […]
- Manhattan Sex Predator Nabbed After 3 Attacks in 2 Weeks, Sources Say September 29, 2022The man wanted for allegedly dragging a woman off a running trail in a Manhattan park in a sexually motivated robbery last weekend is now in custody, a day after the NYPD publicly linked him to two similar cases this month, three law enforcement sources with direct knowledge of the investigation said Thursday. The individual’s […]Myles Miller
- Leaving Many Floridians Trapped in Floods, Hurricane Ian Sets Sights on South Carolina September 29, 2022Rescue crews piloted boats and waded through inundated streets Thursday to save thousands of Floridians trapped amid flooded homes and shattered buildings left by Hurricane Ian, which crossed into the Atlantic Ocean and churned toward South Carolina. Hours after weakening to a tropical storm while crossing the Florida peninsula, Ian regained hurricane strength Thursday evening over the […]Curt Anderson
- Body Parts in Suitcases in Blood-Filled Brooklyn Apartment Confirmed to Be 22-Year-Old Woman: Cops September 29, 2022Authorities confirmed the human remains found in suitcases in a Brooklyn apartment where officers had gone to conduct a welfare check on a 22-year-old woman earlier this month indeed belonged to her. They identified her as D’Asia Johnson, of Linwood Street in East New York, and said her death had been ruled a homicide. No […]Myles Miller, Romney Smith and Ida Siegal
- Hurricane Ian Death Toll Rises to At Least 9 September 29, 2022The death toll from Hurricane Ian has risen to at least 9, with a massive rescue effort underway to retrieve more people in devastated Lee County and elsewhere. Charlotte County officials told MSNBC Thursday afternoon at least six people were confirmed dead in the county. A spokesperson for the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office said later […]
- Where Does Ian Rank All-Time? These Are Strongest Hurricanes to Make US Landfall September 29, 2022Hurricane Ian made landfall in Florida as a category 4 storm with 150 mph winds, making it one of the strongest storms ever to hit the U.S. mainland. That ties for fifth-strongest at landfall, based on maximum sustained wind speeds. Ian almost hit as a category 5 storm, the wind speed threshold for that is […]
- Ian Intensifies to Hurricane Once Again as Deadly Flood, Storm Surge Risk Hits More States September 29, 2022A still-powerful Ian intensified to hurricane status once again Thursday evening, churning northeast as it continues to head toward the Carolinas as a Category 1 storm after tearing off roofs, trapping people in flooded homes and knocking out power to more than 2.5 million in Florida. The storm made landfall Wednesday afternoon as the fifth-strongest […]
- Police Looking for Suspect who Sprayed an MTA Bus Driver September 29, 2022Police are looking for the person they say pepper-sprayed a 35-year-old MTA bus driver in Washington Heights. Investigators say that it was on September 15th around 9:30 a.m. when the individual flagged down the bus near West 162 Street and Edgecomb Avenue. Once the bus stopped, the individual approached the driver and discharged pepper spray […]
- Lawyers for Ex-NYPD Cop Charged in 8-Year-Old Son's Death Point to ‘Demanding' Fiancée September 28, 2022Opening arguments got underway Tuesday in the murder trial of Michael Valva — a former NYPD officer charged in the death of his 8-year-old son, Thomas — and the trial began with a bombshell revelation from the defense. Suffolk County prosecutors described Valva as a depraved father who exiled his young son to die in […]Greg Cergol
Whether you live inside or outside of the United States, you most likely would love to visit New York City. The Big Apple just happens to be the largest city, as far as population goes, in the United States. It has been considered the gateway for immigrants, since it is filled with many business(like EZ Bed Bug Exterminator NYC) and educational opportunities for everyone.
The citizens of New York speak more than 800 languages. The residents originate from countries all over the world. There are many opportunities for all immigrants that enter New York City, which is why they select this beautiful city over the other options. Back in the early 19th century, immigrants that entered New York was greeted by the national monument, Statue of Liberty. Of course, now many immigrants arrive by plane, but they eventually make their way to the monument, because it symbolizes democracy.
Many visitors find themselves in New York, because they desire to see the beautiful architecture. This large city boasts some of the tallest buildings, within the United States including the Bank of America tower, Empire State building, and the One World Trade Center. These skyscrapers are a must see, if you are visiting New York, because they are magnificent.
New York City has a subtropical climate, with temperatures reaching as high as 70-90 degrees Fahrenheit in the summer months during the daylight hours. July happens to be the hottest summer month, while January is the coldest month. Exceptional snowfalls have also been noted in the recent years, but this city is pretty much prepared for the worst weather conditions, since it never seems to completely shut down.
Everyone that visits New York with children prefer to spend some time in the United States most beautiful parks, which are located throughout the state. Corona, Jacob Riis, and Great Kills are beautiful parks that offer a variety of activities for families. If you like to spend quite time on the beach, then you will definitely want to schedule a time out to visit the Great Kills Park. It also has walking trails and a marina for everyone to enjoy.
You will definitely notice that New York City is diverse in more ways than one. Religion is very important to everyone, no matter ethnicity. Around 59% of Christians, 33% Catholics, and 24% no religious affiliation are noted among the residents of this wonderful state. All religions are held to a very high standard and no one is judged by their beliefs, which cannot be said about other countries.
Major Economical City
New York just happens to hold some of the wealthiest companies in the world. J.P Morgan Chase, Citigroup, MetLife, Pfizer, and Goldman Sachs are just to name a few. Real estate opportunities are also always open and make up a large portion of the city’s economy.
If you are looking for a wonderful vacation spot, you definitely should look no further than the Big Apple. It is filled with some of the most extraordinary museums, parks, and national monuments.