North Woodmere is an unincorporated Hamlet located within Hempstead. It is an unincorporated hamlet in the Town of Hempstead situated in the western part of Nassau County on the South Shore of Long Island, New York City. North Woodmere is directly north of Woodmere; however, it is separated by Motts Creek. It is accessible to Woodmere is accessible through Branch Boulevard, Brookfield Road, and a footbridge crossing the creek. As opposed to Woodmere, North Woodmere is not part of the Five Towns, which consists of the villages of Lawrence and Cedarhurst and The hamlets that comprise Hewlett, Inwood, and Woodmere.
Hungry Harbor Road serves as the primary east-west highway across North Woodmere, connecting with Branch Boulevard (to Cedarhurst) and Brookfield-Rosedale road (to Valley Stream). Park Lane provides access to the upper Rosedale Road and, from there, access to Francis Lewis Boulevard, Sunrise Highway and Sunrise Highway, and the Belt Parkway and Cross Island Parkway Junction.
North Woodmere houses many residents who have advanced degrees and greater education levels. Many of the residents attend four-year universities and professional schools following that. There is a culture of academics in the entire town.
A mall for shopping is situated along Rosedale Road. The former center for shopping located on Hungry Harbor Road became an assisted living facility. The neighborhood is the home of North Woodmere Park, a (Long Island) Nassau County park. The park has an aquatic complex as well as a playground. It also has nine-hole golf, a lighted driving range, and a fishing zone.
North Woodmere is home to many synagogues. These include Congregation Ohr Torah, Young Israel of North Woodmere, Beis Haknesses of North Woodmere, Temple Hillel, Kehillas Bnei Hayeshivos, and Khal Lev Avos. The year 1984 was the time that Ronald Reagan addressed Temple Hillel.
- Bruce Blakeman, first presiding officer of Long Island City, NYC Nassau County.
- David M. Friedman, U.S. ambassador to Israel
- Jeffrey M. Friedman, creator of Leptin
- Martin Heit, inventor of the whiteboard
- Esther Jungreis (1936-2016) – the founder of Hineni
- Wendy Kaufman, spokesperson for Snapple and TV host
- Norm Kent, former President of the National Organization to Reform Marijuana Laws NORML host of the radio host, editor
- Seth Rudetsky, composer, musical director as well as a talk-show host. EZ Bed Bug Exterminator Long Island
- Steve Spinner, founder of Sports Potential, adviser to Obama campaign, Department of Energy official.
Look into other neighborhoods, such as Queens