The bed bug’s goal following home infiltration is to remain undetected. There is no doubt, bed bugs are good at what they do, which is to deceive their victims. How do bed bugs deceive humans? By hiding in tiny crevices and cracks in furniture, flooring, and paneling. Not only do the insect hide, but also keep their presence a secret for several days, weeks, or months. Yes, these insects have been known to deceive their victims for a long duration. As a victim, it is your responsibility to bring the insects out of hiding. How is this possible? First and foremost, you need to know bed bugs are not easy to convince. Diligence, the right equipment, time, and patience are a necessity for this project. Below, you will discover a few tips to help jumpstart your effort and nudge to push you in the right direction.
Where Are Bed Bugs Hiding? How To Entice Bed Bugs Out Of Their Hiding Places?Again, this is will not be an easy task. Preparing in advance will definitely play in your favor in the long run.
- Center your bed in the room to make space for a bed bug carbon dioxide (CO2) trap. Place the device on the side of your bed next to the wall. Point the faceplate toward the wall, flip on the switch, and wait. These machines work so well in driving bed bugs out of hiding because they generate CO2 like the sleeping human. The CO2 emission is a sign that the host is asleep, which is why this machine works great in driving bed bugs out of hiding.
- If you have the time and patience to invest, you can mimic the bed bug’s feeding habits. But, in this case, you will need to switch your schedule to stay awake when you normally sleep. For example, if you sleep during the day and work the graveyard shift, you will need to stay awake during the day and sleep at night. This is not going to be easy and there is no guarantee, it will work.
- Hot steam has proven to be an effective bed bug extermination treatment. It may also be utilized as an attractant to entice bed bugs to emerge from their hiding places. You will need a floor or clothing steamer for this process. Utilizing a steamer, direct the faceplate toward a suspicious wall, furniture, or décor. Hit the ON button and wait for at least 15 minutes. The hot steam will permeate the surface, reaching deep into the hiding place until making contact with the bed bug(s). If the process works, the bed bug will emerge from its hiding places within 15 and 30 minutes.
- Bed bugs are drawn to heat, so why not utilize a ceramic heater to entice them to come out of hiding? This process works better when two ceramic heaters are utilized, on each side of the bed. Turn the faceplate toward the wall or other surface and wait at least 15 minutes.
- Bed bug adhesive traps can be utilized with or without a heater or CO2 detector or trap. If you opt to combine the treatments, we recommend placing the traps around the machine to capture the insects as they emerge from hiding.
- Dark, dried blood stains, exoskeletons, and fecal matter appear are the most common signs of a bed bug infestation. These signs generally appear in the host’s bed. Carefully remove the infested bed linen, place it in a plastic trash bag, seal the top, and transport it to the laundry room. A 15-minute wash and dry cycle utilizing the maximum temperature setting should fully eradicate any live bed bugs, eggs, and larvae.